|Lettera del manager
Questa è una lettera realmente inviata da un Manager IBM alla filiale
italiana, dopo una sua permanenza di qualche settimana presso la sede stessa.
It has been brought to our attention by several officials visiting our establishment
in Rome that offensive language is commonly used by our Italian speaking staff.
Such behaviour, in addition to violating our policy, is highly unprofessional
and offensive to both visitors and staff. All personnel will immediately adhere
to the following rules:
1. Words like cazzo, porca puttana or mi
sono rotto il cazzo and other such expressions will not be tolerated
or used for emphasis or dramatic effect,no matter how heated a discussion may
2. You will not say ha fatto una cazzata when someone makes
a mistake, or se lo stanno inculando if you see someone being
reprimended, or che stronzata when a major mistake has been
made. All forms and derivations of the verb cagare are utterly
inappropriate and unacceptable in our environment.
3. No project manager, section head or administrator under any circumstances
will be referred as figlio di puttana, coglione, testa di cazzo.
4. Lack of determination will not be referred to as mancanza di palle
nor will persons who lack initiative be referred to as bradipo or
5. Unusual or creative ideas offered by the management are not to be referred
as pippe mentali or idee del cazzo.
6. Do not say come rompe le palle nor ha rotto i coglioni if a person is persistent;
do not add gli fa ancora male il culo if a colleague is going
through a difficult situation. Furthermore, you must not say siamo nella
merda (refer to item # 2) nor ci hanno aperti when
a matter becomes excessively complicated.
7. When asking a someone to leave you alone, you must not vattene affanculo
nor should you ever substitute May I help you? With che cazzo
8. Under no circumstances should you ever call your elderly industrial partners
9. Do not say me ne sbatto when a relevant project is presented to you, nor
should you ever answer ciucciami il cazzo when your assistance
10. You should never call partners as frocio or mignotta; the sexual behavior
of our staff is not to be discussed in terms such as culattone
11. Last but not least, after reading a note please don't say mi ci
pulisco il culo. Just keep it clean and dispose of it properly.
Regards, The manager